Job Reference: PKRAP Expires: 5th January 2018
To provide domestic care to a male to enable a gentleman in Rugby to live independently in his own home.
You will work within the home and in sometimes in the community.
Support with shopping, food preparation and assist in preparing healthy meals.
At times you will be required to do light house work duties such as dusting, vacuuming and generally tidying up
Keep both the bathroom and kitchen hygienically clean
laundry tasks such as washing, drying and ironing
Support to get out of bed if required
To be in attendance when employer is showering.
Help to wash hair if required
Aid with getting dressed if required
Health and safety:
You have a responsibility as an employee to report all accidents to the employer immediately. You must record all details in an accident book.
You have a duty to report defects and or hazards, which give rise to an accident.
As my personal assistant, you will be directed and accountable to me and my family in all aspects of your work. You should always ask what my needs are and listen to my directions and requests.
DBS check if required- cost met by local authority
• Good written and verbal communication skills-
• To understand the principles of empowerment and the ability to support in exercising choice and control
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Ability to work unsupervised and with their own initiative
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience of delivering personal care
• Knowledge of the needs of vulnerable people
• Good listening skills.
• A commitment to a service which provides support which is respectful and according to my wishes.
• Commitment to anti-oppressive and non-discriminatory practice
• Ensure needs are met through planning and reviewing
• To ensure my safety of the individual at all times.
Monday to Friday, 17:00 - 18:00 (flexible around start and finish times). 5 hours a week.
Plus Thursday or Friday for an additional 2 hours of shopping, 15:00 - 17:00.
Additional Saturday tea time and Sunday breakfast/tea time calls available (please state your availability when applying). 2.5 hours a week.