Job Reference: LON/ILA
We are looking for someone to join our London based team to provide advice and information to people with disabilities who live independently in the Wandsworth and City of London areas. This is a varied role that is based in both the office and out in the community.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
£22,491 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
As an Independent Living Adviser, your main duties will include:
- Advising individuals on all aspects of their care packages including financial aspects
- Managing your own caseload
- Supporting individuals with the recruitment and ongoing management of care staff
- Providing accurate information in a clear and concise format that meets the individual's needs
- Recording and maintaining accurate records and providing reports as required
- Organising and attending meetings/reviews with individuals, colleagues and local authority staff
- Actively promoting the services of the Trust which may include attending events and networking with other organisations
- Setting up and managing Appointeeships and Deputyships
Skills, Experience and Qualification
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Experience of providing information or advice to others or within a customer service environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing adapting your style to suit the audience
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively
- Current driving licence and unrestricted use of vehicle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to produce letters and other documents to a high standard
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths
All applications must be returned by Thursday 7th December 2017.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.