Job Reference: BID/HO
Are you an experienced bid manager who can identify potential tender opportunities? We are looking for someone to manage our bid process from start to finish who has the ability to write prepare and submit successful bid proposals to local authorities and Primary Care Trusts.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
30 hours per week, days negotiable, usually 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
£30,000 per annum/pro rata 30 hours
As a bid manager, your main duties will include:
- Assessing tenders against critical success factors
- Market research on competitors and those likely to bid
- Compiling and updating a bid library
- Collection and compilation of statistical information
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of service activities of the Trust through liaising with various managers and fieldwork staff
- Writing compelling bids
- Co-ordinate robust implementation plans
- Deliver presentations to tender panels (nationwide)
-Work in partnership with the marketing manager to revise publicity material/general information
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Educated to a level that indicates you have an excellent standard of written English
- Experience in bid writing
- Ability to take a leading role in the tendering process
- Experience of representing an organisation through presentations and meetings
- Knowledge and experience of using tendering portals (e.g: Pro-contract, in-Tendhost)
- Ability to remain calm and stay organised in a pressurised environment
- Ability to travel nationally, with a clean valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
All applications must be returned by Friday 15th December 2017.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.