Job Reference: AKRM Expires: 23rd March 2018
I am a 48 year old man with mental health (and some physical health) needs who requires support and encouragement to live my life as independently as possible.
I am polite and good natured and enjoy playing the guitar and listening to music.
I am looking forward to building a good working relationship with a trustworthy and supportive Personal Assistant.
Penderels Trust do not acknowledge receipt of applications. If you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
PENDERELS TRUST IS A SUPPORT SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUALS LIVING INDEPENDENTLY IN THE COMMUNITY AND WILL NOT BE THE EMPLOYER. YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.
• Help the Employer start his day by waking him up on arrival and encouraging him to shower, shave, and dress in clean clothes
• Cook/prepare a healthy breakfast and prepare a simple lunch (e.g. sandwich) for later on
• Cleaning tasks including dining table, kitchen surfaces, stack/unload dishwasher, clean and tidy bathroom
• Sort laundry and load washing machine
Throughout the week:
• Change bedlinen once a week or more often if needed
• Check that refrigerated food is in date and stored hygienically
• Help Employer to put his clean washing away
• Encourage Employer to keep up to date with appointments and activities
Full details of duties available for applicants from the Employer.
A friendly and professional Personal Assistant with lots of experience of working well with people with mental health problems
•Excellent people skills - particularly empathy, patience, and the ability to encourage without being patronising or unkind
•Reliable and punctual
•To have lots of common sense and know when to use initiative
• Experience in food preparation/qualification in food hygiene
• Knowledge/experience in nutrition for Type 2 Diabetes patients
Would suit someone looking for part-time hours in a traditional 'Home Help' type role.
Monday to Thursday: 09:00 - 11:00
Friday: 08:00 - 10:00
Early start of 07:00 - 09:00 will be required on occasion to prepare for appointments etc.