Job Reference: FM/PT
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Starting Salary - £38,000 plus per annum
The finance manager will be responsible for advising the senior management team and the board of trustees on issues relating to the financial operations and strategy of the Trust. Their main duties will include:
- Direct management of finance team and overseeing payroll staff.
- Budgets & budget re-forecasts, production of consolidated monthly management accounts
- Interpret & communicate financial data to non-financial managers, particularly the board of trustees.
- Contributing to preparation of annual accounts
- Managing looked after funds held on behalf of public bodies working in partnership with Penderels Trust.
- Review systems, controls & procedures to ensure efficient & cost effective operations & implementation
- Preparing information in collaboration with the senior management team for tender bids.
- Ensuring all financial records are prepared in line with charity and company regulations.
- Liaising with local authorities, banks, auditors and other key partners on behalf of the Trust in all financial matters.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
To be successful as a finance manager, you will have the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the company including the board of trustees.
- Previous experience of managing a team of staff.
- An accountancy qualification CIMA/ACCA/FCCA or equivalent. Previous experience of working in the Voluntary/Third sector would be desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Sage 200 software systems as well as all Microsoft packages including Excel and Word.
- Previous experience of holding presentations. You will be expected to be part of the process for new tender bids.
- An understanding of the SORPS regulations.
All applications must be returned by Monday 18th December 2017
Penderels Trust is an Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.