A+ A- 02476 511 611

Our Payroll Bureau offers a specialist service for people who employ their own personal assistant.

If you employ your own personal assistant, you want to pay them accurately and on time. You also want to be sure that you meet your tax and national insurance obligations.

We already support over 9000 employers from our dedicated payroll office. Most of our customers pay their staff on a four weekly pay cycle. Our payroll service includes the provision of an automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme for employers. It is now a legal requirement for all employers to provide a workplace pension for eligible staff, including those who employ someone for their own care. We will manage the scheme on behalf of our payroll customers.

We offer different levels based on the eligibility of employers and the payroll services being received. We offer two different levels of service: our standard payroll service and direct debit service (BACS) service. (See table below for features of each service). Whichever service you choose, we will:

  • Provide you with all the paperwork you need (electronic or hard copy), including timesheets, an easy to read reference guide and payroll planner.
  • Give advice by telephone or email during our opening hours.
  • Keep you updated on changes in legislation such as minimum/living wage rates and statutory sick and maternity pay rates.
  • File P45s/P60s electronically and communicate other changes (e.g. tax code changes) by email as we are directly linked to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

StandardDirect Debit
Processing time sheetsYes Yes
Issuing pay slips for each member of staffYes Yes
Liaison with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)Yes Yes
Calculation of statutory sick pay and maternity payYes Yes
Production of P60s and P45sYes Yes
Electronic submission of end-of-year returns to HMRCYes Yes
Attachment of EarningsYes Yes
Repayment of student loansYes Yes
Calculation of quarterly payment to HMRCYes Yes
Quarterly payment made directly to HMRC No Yes
Electronic transfer of wages to employee's account No Yes
Calculation of payment to be made to pension provider Yes Yes
Payment made directly to pension provider No Yes


New Employer Form

New Employee Form

Employee Leaving Form

Missing or Change Details Form

Document Request Form

If your employee earns under their tax code limit with all their jobs added together, you can advise them to request that their tax code is split between their places of employment.  They will need to contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to apply for this request.

The short answer is no. It is against the law to pay your staff instead of giving them annual leave - you must ensure they take it. Even if they say they are happy to be paid, it is not in their interests in terms of their health and well being not to take their full holiday allocation.

You could allow them to 'roll over' some annual leave into the next holiday year if they have been unable to fit it in and you both agree with this.

We don't recommend that this becomes the 'norm' as they need to have time off at fairly regular intervals.

It is your responsibility as an employer to keep records of your employee's annual leave. We do provide an annual leave template in our Payroll Reference Guide that you can use to help you keep a record.

Download Annual Leave Template

If you need help keeping records, please contact your independent living adviser (rather than Payroll Bureau).

As tax and National Insurance contributions are calculated by HMRC every time an employee is paid, it is more important than ever that time sheets are sent in on time. Once the pay cycle has been closed, we cannot process a late time sheet until the pay cycle re-opens (usually every four weeks).

As your employee's tax and National Insurance contribution won't have been calculated for the missed pay cycle, they may end up paying more than they need to. You can find the dates you need to have your time sheets submitted by on your payroll planner.

We accept time sheets by email (timesheets@penderelstrust.org.uk) or post. You can scan or even take a photo of your time sheet and send it to us. Please allow the time for mailing if you are posting in a hard copy.

Anyone who earns over their tax threshold has to pay tax to HMRC, irrespective of their age.

You will receive pay slips on the Thursday of the week your time sheets were due to be processed.

Yes. It is now law to offer a workplace pension to all eligible staff. Penderels Trust offers an auto enrolment scheme as part of their payroll service. We will let you know which employees are eligible and advise you on what you need to do.

As part of auto enrolment, you are required to make a financial contribution. If you have any concerns about paying that contribution from your direct payment, please contact your local authority.

If your employee goes off sick, you need to keep a record of the dates and times when they are off. When completing their time sheet record, for the days that they would normally work, write 'Sick' across those days.

This will enable your Payroll Officer to calculate any Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) that is due to them. SSP is paid to employees who have four or more days off sick and earn more than £110/week. You can no longer claim back SSP payments from HMRC.

This money has now been put into a 'Health and Work Service' which aims to reduce the amount of sickness absence in the UK. If you don' t think you have enough money in your account to cover the SSP, please contact your local authority for support.

Before HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) can speak to your payroll service provider about your PAYE account, they must receive a 64-8 (Authorising your Agent) form, completed and signed by you and returned to your payroll service provider.

HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) will issue a penalty to any employer whose PAYE payment has not cleared with them by the 19th of the billing month. In most cases, employers are issued with a bill quarterly in January, April, July and October.

Managing Your Money

Contact Payroll

Penderels Trust
Resource House
1A Brandon Lane

  02476 511 611