Job Reference: 255JI Expires: 25th June 2020
The vacancy is to support a 14 year old boy who suffers from acute gastro-intestinal problems. Support will be provided in the family home and in the community.
Personal Assistant is requested to act as a mentor for a young person, who has a keen interest in Star Wars, films, cinema and photography. It is requested that the personal assistant support the young person to various activities around these interests.
As a mentor you will build up a relationship with the young person and help to support them with development of their self-esteem, independence, social skills and aspirations.
- Develop a relationship with the young person, their family and/or support network.
- Support the young person in taking part in a leisure activity of their choice in the community.
- Support the physical and emotional needs of the young person during sessions.
- Ensure that the young person is safe at all times during sessions
- Support the young person with their health needs as required (further training to be provided as needed).
Someone with a keen interest in photography, cinema, film, star wars and/ or gliding.
- Ability to build relationships with young people and their families
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of issues affecting young people today.
- Reliability and good time keeping
- Good organisational skills
- Someone with an enthusiastic and positive approach
- Mentor should be flexible to changing needs
- Someone who is willing to undergo further training.
- Full driving licence
3 hours of support required at the weekend (either Saturday or Sunday)